Are you pregnant? Do you have a newborn baby from 0-4 months old and want to be inclusive as partners on this parenting journey?
This unique antenatal workshop prepares you and your partner for the PERIOD AFTER BIRTH, when you take your newborn baby home. This time, as special and wonderful as it can be, can also be quite daunting and stressful. The more prepared you are, the better you and your partner will cope whilst also staying connected.
Why not consider the bigger picture – the life long journey of parenthood is still ahead of you.
Whilst most other antenatal classes typically center around only birth & the preparation for it and are very much women focused, Nikki recognises that birth is but a single milestone moment within an ongoing evolvement and transformation into a new journey, parenthood. Nikki focuses on you both as partners on this new & unique journey. Because once your baby has arrived, the real work begins and there is so little free time to learn ALL of the things!
This is where Nikki can help.
Are you interested in attachment parenting, breastfeeding, baby-wearing, and safe co-sleeping? Not sure if you have all of the key information that you need? Do you want to feel supported and knowledgeable as you step into your new life as parents? Over the Post Partum Care Workshop series, we will focus on postpartum care for yourself as a new mama as well as each other as new parents, we will delve into infant connection and care of your new baby whilst also parenting from your heart. You will learn about how to lean into conscious and intuitive parenting, together.
Welcome! I am Nikki Smith, a Registered Nurse and a Qualified Child and Family Nurse, I am passionate about supporting families on their new parenting journey! You have come to the right place because all of the evidence based research is already done for you! I have developed the Post Partum Care Workshop using evidence based research, holistic tools with a heart centered approach, as well as my own personal experience of being a mama of three wondrous daughters.
This is exactly what every expecting family needs to know! Throughout this unique antenatal workshop you will leave feeling better connected as expectant parents and empowered with relevant, practical, and authentic information as well as much insight into bringing your baby home and parenthood.
This workshop is your opportunity to:
- Feel better prepared emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually for your new baby.
- Learn how to consciously care for your newborn as well as yourself as a new parents within those crucial early months.
- Reinforce your partner relationship & gain vital tools in how to better parent consciously together.
- Practical advice and gentle parenting tools to help you gain confidence as new parents to face the many changes and challenges that your new & unique parenting journey will bring.
We will lay down the essential foundations, and I will teach you invaluable skills that you as new parents will be building upon the moment that your infant is born.
What to expect at the post partum care workshop?
This workshop is for you if you are a family wanting to know more about-
- Conscious and intuitive parenting, and what it is?
- The ‘Fourth Trimester’ & adjusting after taking your new baby home.
- Baby-wearing (think slings, carriers and the many ways to use them!) I’ll also show you how to wrap your baby safely as well as discuss gentle sleep and settling routines for an easier transition from the initial three month post partum period.
- Education surrounding safe co-sleeping.
- We will also discuss the baby blues, post partum depression and all of the many hormonal changes within your body during the post partum period. I will share tools and guidance to settle easily into your new life as parents.
- An educational workshop on breastfeeding postpartum.
- Infant massage demonstration and information on what it is.
- Self-care, mindfulness, gratitude lists (It’s all about you and why it’s important to place importance on you in amongst the newness of it all as parents).
- Planning for practical changes to your lifestyle as individuals as well as partners on your new parenting journey.
What is Included in the post partum care workshop?
- Guidance, gentle parenting tools and my personal support to help you gain the confidence needed for your unique post partum. As well as providing you both with education and tools that are invaluable once your new baby arrives.
- A hard copy of the Infant care & connection workbook.
- Printed handouts relating to each module.
- An informational bag with a few little surprises!
At the end of the Post Partum Care Workshop series, you will have gained many tools to create an optimal environment for your new baby and family to thrive not just feel like you’re ‘surviving!’ In essence, the Post Partum Care Workshop will leave you feeling well equipped, more relaxed and less anxious in the lead up to your new baby’s birth. These newly learned skills that you will develop during our time together will leave you with a sense of awareness and connection with your newborn baby as soon as they are Earth-side. You will have developed a sense of empowerment as parents and also as a couple. The Post Partum Care Workshop will strengthen your connection together as parents and cultivate a sense of self amongst the newborn haze!
Prices are as follows:
- Group Workshops for a minimum of three couples OR 6 individuals – $380 per couple or person requiring an $80 deposit when registering
- Private & Tailored Workshops facilitated within the privacy of your own home- $580 per couple or person requiring an $80 deposit when registering
I feel more competent to handle the early days of our baby. It has been really enjoyable. I feel that… Read more “Grant Sinclair”
I had a lot of fun and I was always engaged in every class. The information we received and that… Read more “Leon King”
Nikki, I’m so grateful that my husband and i were able to participate in this incredible series of workshops. Thanks… Read more “Carla Versitano”
Great to learn about tips and tricks to make parenting less stressful ahead of time. Also really helps to be… Read more “Toby Francis”
I feel so much more confident about the journey ahead. I feel at ease and relaxed. This workshop was ideal… Read more “James Steer”
I found the workshop to be very informative. After feeling a little anxious and unprepared about having a baby. I… Read more “Josh Clarke”
Fantastic to connect with other ‘expecting parents’ and share in their thoughts, expectations, questions and experience going into this process.… Read more “Taryn Vinson”
A great amount of information. The comfortable environment made it easy to ask anything and cover everything. Thoroughly enjoyed the… Read more “Grant Senescall”
The best thing I could have done to prepare for our new baby. I feel so much more prepared in… Read more “Sharni Lavis”
Much more informed and more excited about the idea of motherhood. I really enjoyed the experience. Nikki made us feel… Read more “Ana Almagro”
’I loved it! I am SO glad Josh & I did the workshop, I had no idea there was so… Read more “Tegan King”
It’s a warm inviting workshop, I felt Nikki is open and honest. She listens and supports all choices. It helped… Read more “April Kirby”
Being a first-time mum I wanted a relaxed introduction to becoming a parent. Nikki’s class was warm, inviting and informative.… Read more “April Kirby”
I am so glad that we found you! I feel really well equipped to understand and be able to deal… Read more “Daniella Steer”
The best pre-parenting course I think I could have ever done. Absolutely amazing. I have learnt so much from Nikki… Read more “Jason Tarrant”
Interactive, hands on, inspiring and very informative. Your workshop was very involved, supportive and very welcoming. You have a very… Read more “Maddison Ward”
This course is unmissable for parents-to-be who seek to be informed, empowered and excited about their journey into parenthood. Invaluable… Read more “Carla Versitano”
Nikki is all about empowering parents to trust their instincts, their bodies, and their baby’s cues. To be told that… Read more “Grace Mac”
I have been meaning to write this for a few weeks but have been busy with my newborn babe and… Read more “Sharni Sinclair”
Great opportunity to step away from the daily grind to invest some time in preparing for parenthood. Helped me mentally… Read more “David Lau”
If there is ever a course that parents should take, this is the One! As First time parents we were… Read more “Michelle Angelides”
Peaceful and logical. Great to have someone that speaks from experience and professionally. I feel that we are now so… Read more “Anthony Kirby”
I felt like the information was shared in a really genuine, caring and informed manner. I learned so much and… Read more “Allison Daniel”
This upcoming workshop session will run in September 2018
- DATEs: The Workshop will run over 4 weeks, every Wednesday from the 5th to the 26th of September.
- TIME: Each Session will run from 10:00 am to 11:30 am
- LOCATION: The sessions will be held at Terrigal, on the NSW Central Coast. (Address will be provided once registered)
Register NOW and receive your free Digital copy of the Infant Connection eBook
* The $80 is a non-refundable deposit. The final amount of $300 is due on or before the day of the first session (05/09/2018).
Post Partum Care Workshop Expression of Interest?
If you are interested in a group or private workshop on the beautiful Central Coast for the 'Post Partum Care & Connection Workshop'. Please send me a message from the form below. I look forward to hearing from you!